Taking into consideration the fact that the Armenian Popular Movement having been created as a pre-election alliance, has completed its central mission,
Given the reality that power in Armenia is still usurped by criminal regime, and that this time the electoral fraud has been accompanied by a brutal crime against the people,
Considering that the Republic of Armenia has been confronted with alarming in the post-electoral period,
Realizing the urgent necessity of creating a new organizational structure which would allow the Movement to confront these challenges,
We, the representatives of political parties forming the core of the Movement, declare the creation of the Armenian National Congress.
We are united by the idea of restoring Constitutional order, building a free, democratic, law based and prosperous state as well as the idea forming strong civil society.
Political parties and NGOs which are part of the Congress keep their complete autonomy and the right to act independently including the right to participate in elections separately. The membership of the Congress is open to all political parties and NGOs both in Armenia and in the Diaspora.
The comprehensive program of future activities of the Congress will be adopted and made public in its upcoming convention. Before that time, however, we find it necessary to present to the people of Armenia the list of problems we must confront given the current situation։
- The immediate release of all political prisoners.
- Attaining complete freedom of speech, access to media, and assembly.
- Truly independent investigation of the crimes of March 1 with the significant participation of International experts.
- Initiation of a dialogue with the authorities about democratic reforms after the fulfillment of at least the first condition..
- Holding of pre-term presidential and parliamentary elections.
We call on all parties, organizations and citizens who are concerned about the fate of the homeland to apply for membership of Armenian National Congress in large numbers.